Thursday, October 1, 2015

Swimming with the sharks keeps us fresh!

Have you ever been burdened with a tough situation or a difficult person in your life? I am talking about the sort of situation or person that makes you wish time-travel were possible, so you could could instantly transport yourself out of the situation or away from the person. If so, please keep reading--you will not regret it!

A few years back a co-worker told me she believed situations and people were brought to us for a reason or a season; either way it was up to us to determine why they were here. This coincided with my belief that God always builds us down before He builds us up. He uses difficult situations, or people, to build our foundation and to prepare us for something greater to come. That something greater could be a greater challenge or it could be greater success, either way it prepares us for what is to come.

The taller the building, the deeper the foundation; I believe it is the same with people. We cannot rise to great heights, we cannot accomplish great things, we cannot overcome great challenges unless we are adequately prepared to do so. Just as a strong and deep foundation prepares big buildings to withstand the forces of nature, difficult situations and people build our foundation and allow us to weather what life brings our way. They assist in preparing us for what lies ahead.

This article is a great example of how this works in nature. A very wise man shared this article with me this morning and I am grateful God brought him into my life. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment